Camel Trekking in the Kimberley
Explore the Kimberley’s ancient landscape across Nyikina Mangala land. You will embark on an unforgettable 2 ½ hour camel trek experience, riding through raw Australian bush, over spinefex and iconic Kimberley wilderness. The Camel Trek departs from Mt Anderson Station, approximately 1 ½ hours from Derby. Walk from the Historic Mt Anderson Station, through the scrub and old campsite, through rugged valleys, over spinifex to then arrive at the natural rock pools. Keep an eye out for the abundant wildlife on your ride, including goanna, bush turkeys, eagles, and python.
• 2 ½ hour guided camel trek
• Guided by a local Nyikina Elder – Harry Watson
• Discover the history of Mt Anderson Station and learn about bush tucker
• Minimum age is 7, riders under 18 will need to be signed in by a parent or guardian on the day
• Maximum weight 110kg
• Riders will be required to sign an application to ride form prior to participating in their ride
• No previous experience is necessary
• It is highly recommended that you use a 4WD as the road is subject to flood damage
• Minimum 4, Maximum 14
Where are we?
This experience takes place at Mt Anderson Station, approximately 1 ½ hour’s drive from Derby. Take the Camballin exit off the Great Northern Highway, turn right down Mt Anderson Rd and follow for approximately 40km. It is highly recommended that you use a 4WD as the road is subject to flood damage. When you arrive you will be greeted and shown where to park.
• 2 ½ hours in duration, available Saturday mornings and additional days during school holidays.
• Must arrive at Mt Anderson station by 8am for an 8.30am departure.
• Please book and pay at least 3 days in advance of your preferred date, during school holidays and public holidays the rides are very busy, so book early.
What to wear?
• It’s best to wear light weight long sleeved shirts, long pants
• Enclosed shoes
• Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
Please bring in a backpack
• Snacks/Morning tea
• Cash for Sausage Sizzle
• Rides are conducted in all weather conditions
• If in doubt, please contact us on 08 9191 7280 on the morning of your tour
• In the case of extreme weather the trek will be cancelled and the option of your money refunded.
DOWNLOAD the poster